Monday, March 24, 2008

Sandy Mastroni.........


One day a package showed up at my door, filled with hand made cards, and copies of very appealing images referencing Alice in Wonderland, The Mad Hatter, and plenty of cats. It was the beginning of a great relationship with an artist who bravely left her furniture decorating past behind her, and was moving on to the art that was dancing in her head. When I visited Sandy Mastroni, her garage/studio was filled with the most fanciful, enigmatic, and delightful paintings. Her work is now included in permanent museum and private collections, and one of her images will be published in the new Raw Vision Outsider Art Sourcebook #2. More of her art can be seen at the Art Brut link to the right, under the New Artists button.

6 comments:

Sandy Mastroni said...

dear Beverly ... thank you for writing about me . Thank you for your lovely words , but I couldn't have done it without you. You helped me to believe my work could be in galleries . You took my paintings for your gallery and helped me start a whole new life !

Annie Beez said...

Wow! What a great blog! I am so excited about it, I love to see new artworks and hear about artists I am not aware of. Thank you for sharing, I will be a regular reader!

Dixie Redmond said...

I read Sandy's entry and came here from her blog. What I said on her blog is that she two stories are told her - one is a story of the power of encouragement, and the other is the story of courage and perseverance.

Beverly Kaye said...

Sandy, Annie, and Dixie:
I am so touched by your responses to this entry.
My heartfelt thanks to you all.

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Thank you so much for featuring Sandy.....she is one of my favorite artists!

angela recada said...

I just love her art!