Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sandy Mastroni, Outsider at Red Dot.........


My pal, Sandy Mastroni is an Outsider artist who reinvents herself on a weekly basis. Her puzzle piece ladies will be featured at Miami's Red Dot show coming up soon! I saw a few of them in person today, at her lovely CT home which resembles a page out of Cottage Living. Every surface is decorated in Sandy's quirky, Alice in Wonderland style and when I'm there, I feel like I'm in a dream, embedded in the 1800's, populated with 4 curious cats. Anyway, back to the art. The women are painted on puzzle pieces, both large and small, and are reminiscent of Vargas faces, but with more style (and clothes). You can see other examples of her art work under the "New Artists" button   here.

4 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

Just saw Sandy's puzzles on her blog so had to come see you next, Beverly!

These are fantastic...you see her work as puzzles in a whole new way. They're pretty magical.

Beverly Kaye said...

They are so clever and complex, as well as beautiful! I hope to have some to offer in my gallery someday.

bo betsy said...

i love sandy's art - and now i am thinking we should get cottage living to feature her home!

headwrapper said...

Love the puzzle piece for a support. Fantastic idea Sandi.