Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Duck, duck, duck, tape!


According to Marshall McLuhan, "art is anything you can get away with", and Pete Warburton's show at the University of Michigan's Taubman Health Center, is proof! Don't get me wrong, this clever work is definitely art, and successful art at that. Warburton utilizes an unusual art material called duck tape, which is ordinarily used for many types of painting and fix it yourself projects. In this artist's hands, the lowly material becomes so much more. "Night Route to Gallium" is proof of his talent. Click on the title and read more about this exceptional artist. Or contact him directly at haloclub@netscape.net

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow love it!

headwrapper said...

Inspiring, I'd like to maybe try using some ducktape to make a webfootsite.

Beverly Kaye said...

Ah, Reuben, this is why I'm stuck on you!

Kate Carvellas said...

Wow!! That is amazing! This piece so reminds me of Van Gogh..my all time favorite painter!!

The Art Encounter said...

I purchased a piece from this artist recently -- I have no idea what to do with it -- it's large, it doesn't fit my house dec style -- but it's amazing. I almost want to buy a coffee shop with a brick wall to hang it up on so that I can share it with the world.

Are you planning on carrying this artis work?

Beverly Kaye said...

Unfortunately I am not taking on any new artists in this slow economy. But he is a winner and who knows what the future will hold. I do love the work!