Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Alexandra Huber in DC






At the Folk Art Society of America conference in Washington, DC,  dealers will be bringing works of Folk and Outsider Art to augment the festivities. This year I will have over 40 examples of the "smalls" by Alexandra Huber. A new book of her art called "Guidance to Be"  by H. Dietrich has just been published and she currently has a one woman show in Berlin. If there is an interest, I will also try to bring a few of Anthony Guyther's "Symbolist Collages", many of which are illustrated in the book by the same name.  His work can be seen at http://www.artbrut.com
I hope to see many of you there. Bette-Carol Sellen has helped to plan a terrific tour of both private and public collections, including her own, and I cannot wait to see them. This will be a real treat.

3 comments:

DYNO said...

the second one i can see a fat dinosaur biting a man. :) good work.

Beverly Kaye said...

Always interesting to hear what others see in a painting! Taking the German word for compatible as a lead, I see a couple. one larger and stronger than the other, but still emeshed in a Ying/Yang relationship.
Collectors loved her work at the FASA conference!

Gretchen M said...

Hi Beverly, I appreciate your stopping by & commenting on my Day of the Dead piece. It's always nice to get feedback.
I spent some time wandering through your artbrut website, fascinating stuff. I've added it to my blog list so I can find it again later. Thanks.